Help us help others by sharing your skills at Paws for Reflection Ranch! Our various volunteer opportunities are for those ages 13 and up, and cover a variety of interests. Use the form below to get started today!
We need many hands to help us provide the services our community needs. As a working therapy ranch, there are many chores to be done on a daily basis. We could not keep up without the assistance of volunteers!
* Love small animals? Spend time with our smallest Ranch partners in our Critter Cabin. Cleanliness is vital to keeping our animals healthy and happy, so cage cleaning is a daily job. Enjoy spending time with the animals, supervising their safe play in our interaction area or in outdoor pens providing exercise and enrichment time.
* Party animal? Help us during events held both on site and away from the Ranch. Community events, such as Santa at the Ranch, and also numerous events in the surrounding communities, provide a fun way to represent the Ranch and our mission. The Ranch also hosts private events for groups and extra hands are always a plus.
* Love the color green? We do too! and of course, it takes an untold amount of funding to provide our services to clients, many of which have the greatest need but lack the funds for services. We continue to provide free services to our veterans who have sacrificed so much. Join our Fundraising Committees. Our major annual fundraisers include the Horsepower Poker Run in the spring and Round Up Fundraiser in the fall.
* Young at heart? Part of the Ranch mission is to offer educational programs to promote the stewardship of animals and nature. We offer field trips for special needs classes and organizations, after school programs, summer day camp, and Girl Scout badge workshops. Join in the fun as we teach about the Ranch animals and explore nature together.
* Aspiring Ranch Hand? The Ranch is on 15 acres of land with lots of opportunity to get your hands dirty. From mowing and "lumberjacking" , to painting and construction, there is always work to be done. Put on your work clothes and jump right in. All jobs are important to the appearance and safety of the Ranch for our clients and animals.
* Prefer an office setting? Lend us your talents in the office helping us prepare for upcoming events and staying on top of the Ranch paperwork mountain.
Love to be around horses? Can you be available the same day and time each week? Be a therapeutic riding volunteer! Duties may include getting the horse from pasture, grooming and tacking up the horse, leading the horse during the lesson or side-walking alongside the rider for safety during the lesson. We promise you will be richly rewarded as you witness your rider progress week to week. Lessons may be held in our spacious covered arena, on our Sensory Trail, or along our Nature Trail. Great opportunity for light exercise and getting to know other team members. Horse experience preferred but not necessary.
We love volunteer groups! We welcome corporate groups, church groups, youth groups (13 years and older), etc. to enjoy a day of volunteering at the Ranch. As you can imagine, there are always many projects to work on. Everything from painting, to cleaning, clearing brush, and building new activities for our clients. Great team building opportunity. We guarantee a rewarding experience filled with laughable moments. Call or email to schedule your group.
Copyright © Paws for Reflection Ranch. All rights reserved.